Foreign Investor Visas

The E visa stands as a lesser-known yet potent option for those looking to conduct business in the U.S. Comparable in its efficacy to other visas, the E category specifically caters to business proprietors, managers, and personnel who intend to remain in the U.S. for extended periods. This visa serves those engaged in U.S.-foreign nation trade (E-1) or those representing significant investments in the U.S. (E-2). Applicants have the flexibility to apply for an E visa either at a U.S. Consulate abroad or domestically, offering logistical ease for some, especially since the entire procedure can be completed outside U.S. borders.

The E visa boasts several distinct advantages over its counterparts. Unlike the H1B, it isn’t restricted by a yearly cap, which typically gets exhausted well ahead of the year’s end. In terms of tenure, it doesn’t have the constraints seen in L and H visas. On acquisition of E-status, the recipient is accorded an initial two-year U.S. stay. However, this duration can be perpetually extended, provided the holder commits to exiting the U.S. post the authorized period, inclusive of any continuous extensions. Importantly, the E-2 visa doesn’t prescribe a fixed investment threshold; the viability of the investment varies according to the business nature, underscoring its adaptability.

Steve Maggi has effectively championed E visa petitions for global clients, representing cases in U.S. Embassies spanning Europe, Latin America, and Asia. While the E visa stipulations are intricate, a well-grounded application, fortified with a robust business strategy, usually sees success.

However, it’s crucial to recognize that based on existing U.S. bilateral trade agreements, individuals from specific countries might be excluded from the E-1 or E-2. You can verify your eligibility via the provided link. If your native country doesn’t feature on the list, alternative business visas like the Intra-Company Transfer visa (L-1) might be a viable route.

As seen on…

Get Started!